Thursday, October 7, 2010

Can I do some chores? Puhleeeeeeze?

Leo's new addiction is ZombieFarm, yet another iPhone game. The zombies eat brains and because I didn't know how to play he was under the impression that the only way to get brains was to buy them at $1 (real money) a pop. He started begging for the $1 and I explained that I didn't like games that required a constant flow of money to play them. He begged and begged and finally I told him that if he had his own money, he could do whatever he wanted with it, like buying brains.

I explained that he was old enough to get an allowance and to do chores. And extra chores meant extra money. He immediately cleaned the entire living room, and received a quarter. He folded the laundry, and got another quarter. I quickly ran out of chores that I thought he was capable of, since he can't reach the cabinets to empty the dishwasher and can't really wash floors yet or vacuum. So he started begging me, "can I do some more chores? Puhleeeeze?". I guess I need to make maximum use of this newfound enthusiasm for chores while I can!

No comments: