Sunday, February 15, 2009

Loss of innocence

In the last few weeks, Leo has had a great interest in my boobs. He thinks he can suck milk out of them. I've explained that I don't have milk anymore. But he's a little obsessed, probably the way most males (and probably females) are.

Tonight he pulled an art magnet off the fridge. It's a painting (John Grimshaw?) of a fairy, I think. Leo asked me what it was and I guessed, tinkerbell? A fairy? A dragonfly woman? He said, "its a woman with wings coming out of the water". I asked him if he like the art and he said yes. Then he said, "she's NAKED". I asked him if he liked that and he said, "YES" and gave me this smile, a sort of knowing smile. Like he knew this was some kind of taboo but he felt it strongly and was sort of impish about it.

I just don't get it. I tried real hard to be casual about all the weird nudity hang-ups that most Americans have. We take baths together. He doesn't get weird about that. But he still manages to learn the taboos. Shortly thereafter, he decided he wanted into my shirt. I had to explain again, No, I don't have milk, that was a long time ago.

I guess this boob obsession and nudity hangup is just beyond anything that I have control over.

No comments: