Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Schools

Leo and I moved back to Boulder for good Saturday. Luckily my parents are here this month so they can help with his transition to the new school, which goes like this:
Monday - can't start on a Monday
Tuesday - come in for one hour with parents
Wed - come in for one hour by himself
Thurs - come in for two hours
Fri - three hours, etc

So Leo did one hour today and loved it. He immediately got along with a boy and a girl his age and was explaining to them that the picture of a clam in an ocean book was a kind of flatworm. I asked him later what he thought of the new school and he said he liked it and that when he went back to Hawaii, he wanted to take this new school with him. I asked him what he liked about the new school. He said it was more challenging. They have moon sand.

I'm so glad he is doing well with the transition. Of course he has his Poppop and Porpor to take him around to all the museums while this transition is happening. Meanwhile, I'm trying to rewrite the executive summary for my three year study, give incoherent presentations on it nearly every day, prepare three presentations for a DOE peer review next week, run a solar meeting with another lab tomorrow, and have the Hawaii guys up to our lab on Monday all day for more meetings, and deal with movers and meetings at Leo's new school before heading to Spain in a couple weeks. I'll be lucky to escape the next month unscathed.

No comments: