Monday, October 24, 2011

Denmark and Big Foot

This was the coolest thing I saw in Denmark: Big Foot!


I thought it was a giant Burning Man sculpture ready to be torched on the main plaza in Aarhus.
These are huge planks of lumber. Couldn't read the sign so I'm not sure what it was, but clearly a temporary art installation. Two days later, when I brought my colleagues to see it, it was gone!


Waterfall also in the main plaza:


Cathedral in the main plaza:


I counted myself very lucky to see an offshore wind farm from the train - at least 7 turbines off the coast near Middlefahrt.


As you'll notice from this sign, the Danish are very understated. This would never sell beer in the US. Probably the best beer in town. We're not sure though. Denmark is probably the best country between Germany and Sweden, too.


More Danish art. Tons of bikes, of course and this town was a little hilly.


I really wanted to buy some Lego's for Leo. I went to the big Lego store. Lego's cost twice as much in Denmark as they do in the US. This mural is made completely out of Lego's.

More art - big welded steel over brick with kids climbing it like a jungle gym. You'd never do this in the US.



Occupy Copenhagen was occupying one of the plazas in Copenhagen. It was pretty small, but at night they played techno music and had a nice light show about poverty, water, energy and the environment.


No comments: