Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bohai, Da Dong duck, and art!

Today we went to Bohai with some friends that I've known for nearly twenty years. Just goes to show how old I am. Gao and Dandan took us to the lake which is much fancier than it used to be. It was always touristy and special but now it looks like Singapore or some touristy American port. We walked and talked and then rented a pedal boat on the lake which was challenging because it only turned left. 

Then they took us to the fanciest roast duck restaurant that I've seen. I had looked up reviews of duck restaurants on the web and thought this one a middle-priced option but when we went into our private room and saw the exquisite setup, I was a bit worried. This was DaDong and it was amazing. The menu was a very thick book with professional foodie photos of each dish. 

No comments: