Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pee bottle

Ok, tonight I had a memorable experience. We had a wonderful hotpot dinner with the travel agency, including all parts of a yak and then raw yak, like carpaccio. They toasted us many times and we had to drink each time. I stumble into the van, drunk, and sit down in first seat. I'm probably pretty drunk because we are at high altitude.

Everyone gets on the van and we leave. I ask for water, thinking that our hostel does not have water in the room and it would be good to take one from the big box of water in the van, and also that at high altitude I need to drink more. Paul picks up a bottle that is half full and sitting next to the box of water and the trash can and hands it to Minh who hands it to me. I think it's weird that they didn't do the polite thing and give me a full bottle. Also that it is squishy deflated, but I take a swig and then - spit it out all over the floor, realizing it is salty and not water.

It turns out that Jean's son had peed into the bottle when we were driving earlier. Jean had put the bottle next to the trash can because it was not yet fully peed into. Paul had pulled out the half bottle thinking we had all these half bottles in the back of the bus. Ai-ya! Everyone was very quickly sober after that!

No comments: