Saturday, June 12, 2010

Art!

We went to the Denver Art Museum today. It was a cold, rainy CO day and we expected hail. Of course we hung out in the contemporary art section, until Leo pulled me aside and whispered in my ear, "this art really freaks me out" and then we left.

Tonight I told Leo a story about a kid who goes to an art museum and is sad and walks into this painting of a beautiful, sunny day. He goes into this other world and plays with the kids, and climbs trees and smells the flowers.

Then I ran out of steam and couldn't figure out how the kid gets back home, even though he's now homesick and wants to return home. Leo said, "Oh, that's easy, he goes to the contemporary art museum in that world, finds a picture of home, and goes into that picture to get back home."

No comments: